Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Radical Honesty

Last September, I wrote this post about what it would be like if people could be honest all the time. This morning, I just stumbled across this Esquire article about Radical Honesty. It is truly a fascinating and thought provoking article that everyone should read.

After meeting Brad Blanton, the founder of the movement, the writer takes us on a wild ride ranging from: cutting off his wife in the middle of boring stories, to telling one of his good friends that he fantasizes about his wife, and other moments of shocking honesty.

It all sounds crazy at first, and then somehow, it doesn't.

Let's put it this way, I thought I was a pretty honest guy, but this takes things to a whole new level.

In the spirit of the article, I'll give you this disclosure: Sometimes my job as a real estate agent feels like nothing more than a 'cover'. I can sit around all day doing nothing, but at least I can tell my friends and family that I have a job.

Oh yeah, and there are other jobs that fit into that category as well. Try: professional poker player. Try: student.

No comments: