Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Why we are the way we are

Are you happy today? I don't mean at this exact instant in the course of your day. Take a step back, are you happy with your life? Do you like who you are? Do you like the people in your life? Are you thankful for what you have?

This is why I never understood regret. Everything that has happened in my life has led me to today. Everything that I have experienced, the places I've been, and the people that have come and gone, are all responsible for who I am today.

A wrong turn along the way means a right turn somewhere down the road. Bad experiences build character, and teach us how to handle similar problems and situations that will arise again.

If you have something you regret from your past, how would your life be different today? How would you be different? Would you be happier? If you could be happier, why not start taking steps in that direction?

Regret is living in the past. Happiness is living in the present.

No comments: