Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Achieve your personal goals thru competitions

Aside from my name, the phrase that most commonly brings readers to this site is, interestingly: "How to make a goalie stick". I can assure you, that each of them leave confused and doubting the power of google, which directs them to this post entitled: How do you make a goal stick. As you can imagine, it's about a completely different subject.

I'm not sure I ever followed up on that post though. I easily went a month without eating out. Oh, and I didn't have dessert either. Turning it into a competition with a friend made it much easier to achieve than just "telling myself" it's something I wanted to change.

That was over a year ago, but it's probably time for another similar competition. In fact, I have two good friends dueling right now with some very different habits they'd like to break. So, if anyone out there wants in on some good old fashioned betterment through competition, let me know.

A few things I need to get rid of: no solitaire on my phone, no wasting time surfing the web aimlessly, watching TV when I'm bored (probably only amounts to 45 min a day, but still...), and there are probably others...

No comments: