Sunday, January 14, 2007

On Isolation

It's easy to get caught in the cycle. You haven't talked to someone in a while, and you feel guilty about not talking to them. So you don't call. Time passes, and now it's been even longer. You worry about how catching up will be awkward. You won't know where to start.

I've been hearing a lot lately about how when you put yourself out there, good things happen. When you start connecting (or reconnecting), you will get connections back.

Where early computer technology disconnected people, all of the new internet technologies are focusing on connecting people. Human beings more efficient working together than we are going it alone. (I'd argue we're happier too!)

I know if seems like the new year has me making all kinds of "resolutions", but starting tomorrow, I'm putting aside 15 minutes each day to email a friend.

No comments: