Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I'm all talk

I say a lot of stuff in this blog that's meant to motivate both my readers, and myself. It sounds great when I write it, and often I'm really excited to put things into practice. But then I realize that it's bedtime, and by morning I've either forgotten about it entirely, or I'm too distracted by all the daily tasks ahead of me.

That's why it's important to keep re-reading the things that motivate and inspire. A few books I've read recommend that you re-read them every year or so, to keep you on track. I'm willing to bet though that most of the time they are never re-read. In fact, I'm staring at two huge bookshelves full of books I will probably never touch again.

If you can get in the routine of reading, and re-reading a few short thoughts or passages each day, or each week, I'm willing to bet it will start to make a difference. To back up this idea, I'm going to go back and re-read some old things that I wrote a few months back about changes I needed to make. Then I'm going to do it again in the morning. Then again on Friday.

I feel oddly happy having just said that...

No comments: