Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Happiness is easy when you're busy

Why? Because you don't think about it. You don't have time to ponder whether or not you're where you want to be. As seen in the song lyric:
"Spend all your spare time, trying to escape, with crosswords and sudoku"
Some people intentionally distract themselves with things they know will stop them from thinking. It's a good trick. I do it myself all the time by listening to music while trying to be productive. It stops my mind from wandering.

But what I never seem to do is to kill the distractions when I have nothing else to do. Give myself time to think when I don't have do be doing something else. Perhaps then I'd be able to reflect upon, as I mentioned yesterday, what has happened so far in my life and why I've dealt with it the way I have.

The scientists say that will make me more likely to change than if I were to dream of how I want things to be. But then again, artists see the world differently, so perhaps I'll have to decide whose side I'm on.

No comments: